Sunday, June 26, 2016

Game of Thrones S6E10

I'm doing a "live" blog on the season finale!  Not really live because I won't post until after the episode has finished, but I will write down my thoughts as I'm watching.

Some pre-episode predictions: King's Landing is going up in flames, and we will find out who John Snow's parents really are.  Lots of other interesting theories and speculation on the internet as to what might happen - some of them really great and that I do hope will come true.  Hope it won't disappoint!

Interesting, Dorne is back in the opening credits.  I was wondering if they might revisit that thread since the first episode.  Not that anybody misses it, because they weren't exactly the best developed (or best acted) characters.

Very unusual having a score playing during King's Landing scene(s) - I don't remember that before.  It's all going to kick off.  And there we go ka-boom!  Prediction fulfilled.  Jeez, that wiped out all the Tyrells and all the Sparrows.  Wow, didn't expect Tommen to commit suicide...  makes an interesting question of who his successor is.

Ah Bron, one of my favorite characters - you silver-tongued devil!  Jaime and his honor are an interesting combination.  Too much focus on Walder Frey - he is going down.

Hello Sam and Gilly and new location.  Looks like comic relief, not sure you're going to get much action out of a library otherwise.

Glad I turned up the brightness settings on my TV - looks as though its going to be a dark one, especially now we're back to Winterfell.  So the Red Witch has been sent on her way - I wonder whose path she will cross later?

Sansa - "Only a fool would trust Littlefinger".  Amen sister.  I just watched him in another film, and surprise surprise he was a baddie.

Dorne + Queen of Thorns + Varys - nice combo.

"You're in the great game now."  Indeed.  Tyrion - Hand of the Queen.  Nice moment.

Arya!!!!!!!  Another one off the list!  Wow, she is a stone cold killer.  Walder Frey did go down - I thought it might be Jamie, but yes the signs were it would be Arya.

Littlefinger revealed his ambition, and got rejected.  That might be bad for Sansa.

So John Snow is the the daughter of Lyanna not Ned.  As most of the internet predicted.  But conspicuously they didn't reveal the father.  Don't hide it - we all know he has dragon blood.

Little Lady Mormont -  my favorite new character from this series.  You go girl - give it to them.  Though I think Sansa should be Queen of the North rather than John Snow King of the North.

And Cersei sitting on the throne.  And in front of Jamie?  Wow, that's not going to end well.

And token hero shot of Daenerys to end the series.  And there we go.  And another excruciating 10 months to wait until the next series.  Sad face emoji.

No comments:

Post a Comment