Monday, January 2, 2023

Something Different

Since coming back to the US, something has felt different at home.  I've been trying to work out what it is.  There's obviously the re-adjustment from vastly different family households back to my simple home life here.  But no, that is not it.  There is the start of the new year and all that accompanies that.  But no, that is not it either (although I do feel a bit like I'm drifting through life at the moment - and should probably set myself some meaningful life goals for the year).  As I look out of the window, something looks different.  The view has not fundamentally changed, but the light seems different.  I'm not fully sold on this, but I think some more trees might have come down (or been removed) in my absence.  There is a gap in the treeline to my south that I'm not entirely sure was there before.  And I also suspect that another tree might have fallen and brought down my cable - but again I'm not sure.  It does seem as though my landlord may have done some tree trimming while I was away - so perhaps that is it.  Whatever it is - as soon as I get back into my regular routines (starting with back to work tomorrow), my focus will be elsewhere and I'm sure I won't notice anything different.     

No comments:

Post a Comment