Friday, January 27, 2023

Axe Throwing

I partook in a new activity for me yesterday evening - axe throwing.  And it was good fun!  Essentially you're in a lane with a big wooden target at the end, and you throw a variety of axes at the target to get as high a score as possible.  There were axes that you throw with both hands, axes that you throw with one hand, and even a ninja star.  And I did alright - not the total disaster I feared, but not the calling I hoped to find!  All 4 of us who competed were quite well matched, which was good.  It's all to do with how hard you throw, how many rotations you get, and how far behind the line you stand to ensure that the axe actually lands in the wood.  For me, I found I was best with the one-handed axes.  The two-handed axes are probably the most satisfying to throw, but the toughest to most consistently get to stick in the wood.  I'm glad I organized this outing - it was something I wanted to do, and so I made the effort to organize it.  Normally it would frustrate me that none of my friends would probably make that effort.  But this worked out, and now I want to do more of this kind of thing this year - and I don't mind being the organizer.  I think our next outing will be ten-pin bowling, but a priority for me is to do an escape room - something that I have somehow never done before.    

No comments:

Post a Comment