Friday, January 6, 2023

COVID Test Kits

The US government is giving out free at-home COVID tests again this winter - so I ordered some and they arrived today.  So I was a bit surprised to note that they were long past their expiration date.  Well jeez, thanks for that.  But then a quick internet search reveals that the FDA has, conveniently, extended the expiration date for some of these tests.  Including mine.  So now they expire next month.  That's fortuitous.  Especially in light of the fact that I got my first ever COVID exposure notification on my phone last week.  I had forgotten I had even activated this - but it tells me I might have been exposed to COVID on Dec 30-31.  I suspect someone at the airport - or even on my flight - tested positive.  I tested myself before I went back to the office last week, but was negative.  And I haven't experienced any new symptoms.  But I'll test myself again before I go into the office next week.       

No comments:

Post a Comment