Sunday, January 22, 2023

Museums

I was looking at a list of the 30 best museums in Washington, and it dawned on me how few of them I've actually been to.  But then when you look at them in a bit more detail, it shouldn't come as a surprise.  Take the top 10:

- Chihuly Glass and Garden
- The Museum of Flight
- LeMay - America's Car Museum
- Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum
- USS Turner Joy Museum Ship
- Museum of Glass
- Hibulb Cultural Center
- Puget Sound Navy Museum
- Pacific Bonsai Museum
- Imagine Children's Museum

Wow, that isn't great is it.  2 museums of glass - really?  Most of these I haven't even heard of.  The Museum of Flight is one I have heard of and do want to go to, after all Boeing was founded here.  But everything else - meh.  It's a good job that I hope to visit Chicago for a long weekend later this year - a city that does actually have some world-class museums.    

No comments:

Post a Comment