Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Small World

When my cable box is in standby mode, it displays a screen saver.  This basically consists of a number of different images from across the world, interspersed with ads for the cable service.  So imagine my surprise when I encountered the following image:


Of all the places in all the world, the last thing I expected to see was a view from my hometown!  However, my delight was somewhat mitigated by the fact that I have no idea what river this is and I have no idea where this shot was taken from (since that looks like the viaduct in the background, I would guess it's the River Lea in the Meads).  Oh well, it's still nice to randomly encounter Hertford like this - a town I may have lived in for 18 years, but which I'll probably never visit again now that my family has moved away.   

5 comments:

  1. That's quite a distance from the viaduct.

    & from memory isn't the deeper viaduct drop at the northern end - which would make this view from the Ware side of the viaduct???

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, if I'm right, would the photo then be called "Ware, Hertfordshire" ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete