Saturday, January 14, 2023

Seattle Sports

No fireworks today as the Seattle Seahawks got blown out by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2nd half of their wildcard game today.  But I don't want to talk about the Seahawks, I want to talk about the Kraken - Seattle's NHL team.  After a very disappointing debut season last year, at the halfway point of this season they are doing much better and are currently in a playoff spot.  And they made history today.  They are the first NHL team EVER to sweep a road trip consisting of at least 7 games.  They played 7 teams in 7 different cities in 13 days, and won all 7.  Nice.  And how have they done this?  By scoring loads of goals.  Now more than ever I want to see them play live - something I haven't done yet, but wish I had.  I've already registered my interest in watching the 2024 Winter Classic - which is an annual game played outdoors in either an American football or baseball stadium.  Next year it will be held in Seattle on New Year's Day.  I suspect my chances of getting a ticket are very low - the only way to currently watch the Kraken is by purchasing a resale ticket at an exorbitant mark up.  But I can hope.          

No comments:

Post a Comment