Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter Monday

Easter - that funny time of year when you'd think there'd be an official federal holiday here, but there isn't.  It's not like Easter isn't celebrated here - indeed, many churches defied stay-at-home orders to hold in-person Easter services.  Which doesn't seem particularly sensible - good luck in praying for God to protect you.  I guess the first amendment forbids a national religious holiday.  But hey, that doesn't stop Christmas being a national holiday.  This might also be the first Easter when I haven't had any Easter-specific food - no Easter eggs, no cadbury creme eggs, no hot cross buns, not even any peeps (a truly ghastly American marshmallow candy).  Admittedly, America is generally not big on these things - but I still forgot to at least get my favorite, some cadbury caramel eggs, the last time I was at the supermarket.  Sadly I doubt there'll be any left for sale the next time I go shopping.         

No comments:

Post a Comment