Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Hood

Most days I've been going out for a walk round my neighborhood.  And I'm certainly not the only one.  It's mainly suburban and residential, so there isn't really much to see.  Mainly detached houses, it is really quite quintessentially Americana complete with many houses with white picket fencing and/or really well maintained gardens and yards.  And lots of peek-a-boo views of mountains - including Mount Rainier, which I didn't think you could see from nearby.  I certainly see more than my fair share of really nice and really big houses that I'm jealous of.  And also a lot of houses that I'm glad I'm not their neighbor - typically by the presence of small kids, loads of junk in the yard (a classic sign of a hoarder), loud music blaring out, or even their house covered with Trump 2020 posters and flags (only the one house I've seen like this fortunately!).  Also see a load of pets - typically cats and aggressive dogs, but also chickens and a house with some goats.  But a highlight of one of my recent walks - I went down a street which I thought I'd been down before but I clearly hadn't because I would have remembered it.  It is the street where families live who own horses, ponies or donkeys - which was kind of cool.  So that is one that I need to visit again.  Though I didn't go out today, a combination of work keeping me busy and my not feeling particularly well (hope that's not the first sign of something more serious).   

No comments:

Post a Comment