Thursday, April 30, 2020

Clogging

There is an advert currently airing that shows a couple saying how much they like their new apartment, apart from the fact they have a clogging problem.  Cut to family upstairs wearing clogs and doing Irish dancing on their wooden floor while completing everyday tasks.  Hilarious right.  No, not really.  But unfortunately, this brought back some bad memories of somewhere I used to live in Seattle.  No, I didn't have particularly noisy neighbors above me (that was Austin).  But, and this is true, there was an Irish dancing studio on the ground floor of the apartment complex - directly below, but several floors apart, from where my apartment was.  And yes, I could certainly hear it when they were dancing.  I don't know - yes I think I am overly sensitive to noisy neighbors, but I also seem to have had some remarkably bad luck or made some remarkably poor choices in choosing where to live.  So although where I live now is not quite perfect, I am extremely grateful to be renting here compared to some of the real stinkers I've had in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment