Friday, April 3, 2020

Supermarket Status

An early morning entry, because I've just come back from the supermarket (I was there at 7.45 am!) and I have a few comments.  Firstly, I need to start wearing gloves when I go.  I noticed a lot of people were doing that, and it seemed like a sensible precaution.  However, I also noticed that a lot more people are wearing face masks and I'm not prepared to do that until I have to.  I know the US administration have been considering whether to make people wear face masks whenever they go outdoors - but I don't know whether it is necessary.  The science is extremely questionable about whether they make a difference, and just from a morale point of view it just makes things seems so very real and so very apocalyptic.  Like we're living in a nuclear fallout or something.  Scary.  But I did check yesterday, and I do actually own a face mask so I have one if I need it.  Also, I've been going to different supermarkets in the vicinity and this one was by far the best.  Was able to get everything I wanted without problems, and was even able to get things I didn't need - like toilet paper.  Yes, in classic panic buying style I bought some toilet paper even though I didn't need it.  But it was the brand I normally get, and there was a limit to how much you could get so I thought what the hell.  Even as early as it was, the place was quite busy - so you wonder how long all the shelves will remain stocked for - so I think I will continue to go shopping early.  Strange times indeed.       

No comments:

Post a Comment