Friday, April 10, 2020

Garden Update

No sign of moles for a while now.  I wonder if I've finally vanquished them?  I fear not.  And it may not have been me.  The neighborhood cat has traditionally been a bit skittish, but I notice that it has been a lot bolder recently.  To the extent that I caught it today on my back door step peering inside my home.  It may have frightened off or caught some moles.  And let's also speculate that covid-19 might have killed the moles.  But I suspect the cat for another reason.  And that is the behavior of the current rabbit in my neighborhood.  In the past, any rabbits I've discovered in my yard have not been shy - happy to feed on the grass openly in daylight and despite my presence.  But the current one has bolted for the bushes every time I see it.  And I think that's because the cat has made it's presence known.  So now I have a new challenger to my territory.   

No comments:

Post a Comment