Saturday, April 11, 2020

Anxiety

I'm definitely not the only one, but I'm sad to say that I think I'm suffering from some anxiety right now.  Hardly a surprise, given world events.  How can I tell?  2 obvious symptoms for me - I'm not sleeping well, and I'm not doing any reading.  Those are both tell tale signs that I'm not relaxed right now.  My nights tend to be a struggle to get to sleep, wake up in the middle of the night, struggle to go back to sleep, then struggle to get out of bed in the morning.  Not good.  And once again, my pile of unread TIME magazines are building up again.  I think it's partly because I'm not particularly keen on reading about more pandemic stuff.  It's too depressing.  It's the same reason I'm avoiding quite a lot of news on the telly at the moment as well.  I'll scan the online headlines every day, but that's about it.  I could really do with engrossing myself in some good novels again - that has to be a better thing to do before going to sleep than playing games on my iPhone.  New rule - no iPhone in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment