Friday, April 17, 2020

Personal Hygiene

There were several topics I considered for this blog post, not the least of which is Trump who provokes emotions in me than span the range from despair to incandescent rage (invariably accompanied by a Category A swear word).  However, I don't even know where to start with that - so I'm going to talk about personal hygiene instead.  Because it is interesting how being holed up in your house for what already feels like years changes your habits.  With my living situation, I could easily stop showering and stop getting dressed - but I have been good in this regard and am still doing both these things daily.  However, other personal hygiene habits have not fared so well.  I'm definitely shaving a lot less.  And I don't think I'm the only one, because I've heard lots of stories about guys growing beards (which I would probably do if I was capable of growing better facial hair!).  But I think the single biggest change I have made - I have gone from someone who used deodorant every day to someone who hardly uses it all.  Yes, I now live my life with my natural body aroma - which after a long walk in warm weather is not always the best.  But since I'm not physically interacting with anyone I care about right now, there is absolutely no point whatsoever in me using any deodorant.  Let's hope that habit doesn't stick around when "normalcy" returns (whatever and whenever that is - a topic for another time).     

No comments:

Post a Comment