Sunday, April 5, 2020

Dark Phoenix

Time for another film review. For some reason I had recorded X-Men: Dark Phoenix on my DVR a little while ago, so I decided to finally get around to watching it last night.  This despite it being an X-Men movie - a franchise that I don't care much for, consisting of a series of films that run the gamut from mediocre to middling, yet which I seem to have watched most of if not all of (which is more than I can say about than the Star Wars franchise).  And my expectations were not exactly sky high - this film had a really poor Rotten Tomato rating.  So what did I think?  Yep, this film is definitely in the same spectrum as most of the other X-Men movies - nowhere near as good as Logan, which is probably the best of a bad bunch, but not as bad as the worse (X-Men: Apocalypse?).  Which is probably better than I expected.  It was very blah, very forgettable, not very long (probably for the best) and about as basic as it comes - the kind of film you watch with half your brain cells switched off.  Maybe that makes it perfect for a Saturday night film.  But not for me, and much like every other X-Men movie I'll never watch it again.  2 stars.     

No comments:

Post a Comment