Saturday, April 18, 2020

TV Guilty Pleasure

With time on my hands, I have been able to indulge a TV guilty pleasure - but really, I don't feel guilty about it all.  And that is late 80's/early 90's British police dramas.  Think Inspector Morse and, particularly, Prime Suspect - which was years ahead of it's time.  In some respects they have aged really badly, especially when it comes to policing - think a lack of internet, a lack of computer systems and a lack of smart phones.  But quality never ages, and so I can enjoy these shows now nearly as much as I did before (and that's the other thing, I think I've seen a lot of these episodes before - but I'm still more than happy to watch them again).  A welcome respite from contemporary shows, and current affairs.   

1 comment:

  1. Morse - Totally Unbelievable! Oxford would get, in reality, 1 murder in 10 years.

    Prime Suspect - Has Helen Mirren in it (well overrated).

    You wanna be watching The Sweeney lad - proper Polis action

    ReplyDelete