Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Meadowdale Beach County Park (Again)

Happy New Year!  Since I didn't go to any parties last night, I went for a morning hike today - despite not exactly having a restful night's sleep thanks to lots of neighbors (illegally) setting off fireworks all night.  I went to Meadowdale Beach County Park - which, searching my blog, I last went to during summer 2017.  It's only 20 minutes away. but still way too busy even on early New Year's Day.  This hike reminds me of how much I'd like to live by water when I retire, since the sound of the tide or even a bubbling stream is so tranquil.  I'm also reminded of just how unfit I am when I make the uphill slog back to my car from the beach.  And I mentioned this in my previous blog about this hike, but it's kind of weird just how many Chinese you encounter doing this hike - I don't know of any others like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment