Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Sopranos

Today is the 20th anniversary of the first episode of The Sopranos – definitely in the top 10 of best TV shows ever.  And I say that haven’t not even seen every episode – including the infamous last episode and it’s fade to black.  I think I’ve seen the first 3 seasons, but not recently, and I’ve got another 3 to go.  I never watched it when it actually aired, but why I stopped catching up with the episodes (which I did via DVD, prior to the explosion of streaming) I’m not sure, so this is one of many shows that I need to revisit and see through to the end.  It is that good, and worth it.  Since there are now podcasts available on almost every TV show, which normally provide good insight and discussion, I should watch the series from the start in conjunction with a podcast that goes into each episode in a bit more depth – unsurprisingly, there seem to be plenty of podcasts to choose from.  I already listen to podcasts that talk about films that I’ve never even seen, so this seems like a worthwhile exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment