Monday, January 21, 2019

Lord Hill Regional Park

Today is MLK day, and I believe it's the first time that our company has made it a company holiday.  Which is good, though I wish MLK day was in the middle of summer rather than the middle of winter!  So how did I spend my day off work?  I went to Walmart.  However, I did take a bit of a detour on the way there to get in a hike at Lord Hill Regional Park, somewhere I'd never been to before.  It's kind of in the middle nowhere, and I have absolutely no idea who Lord Hill was - if he was anyone.  But the park is full of hiking paths - so did a bit of a loop on one of the muddiest trails I've ever been on.  Perhaps it just gets a lot of rain here - despite today's forecast being sunny, I still got caught in a brief but heavy rain shower.  It was supposed to be about a 3.5 mile hike, but ended up being a lot more as I kept on going the wrong way because the routes were so poorly signposted.  Not exactly the most photographic of places, this is not one I would particularly go out of my way to go to again - though plenty of side trails I could explore another time.



No comments:

Post a Comment