Friday, January 4, 2019

Hypocrisy

Classic hypocrisy - Trump can spout all manner of sexist, racist, homophobic and vulgar slurs and the Republican Party says and does nothing.  And then a newly sworn in Democrat congresswoman pledged to "impeach that motherf*cker", and the Republican Party gets outraged.  Get over it.  It's no worse than, say, calling Haiti and some African nations "sh*thole countries", calling Colin Kaepernick a "son of a bitch", or bragging about grabbing women "by the p*ssy".  Generally, I would politically call myself center right - but in American politics, I think I more and more identify as center left.  And I actively oppose the Republican Party as it currently is - sadly the moderate Republican, who I would probably most identify with, is an endangered species; I think Mitt Romney may be one of the last ones left, at least he has actually publicly criticized Trump, but even he supports building this f*cking stupid wall.  I despair.   

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching the Colin Kaepernick situation (which rolls on due to the failure of teams who BADLY need a good quarterback to have the balls to sign him) & it shows me that the USA is close to being a communist country.

    I think CK's viewpoint disregards the literally millions of instituional workers who do damn good job & is disrepective of them in order to highlight the prejudices of the minority.

    That said, I (and pretty much everyone in the UK media) accepts his right to vocalise his viewpoint & to make a personal standpoint.

    His protest is personal & is not hateful against anyone else.

    (is it any different to the Black Panther salutes in the Olympics in the sixties - people who are now viewed as social pioneers).

    To quote Voltaire "I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the end your right to say it".

    Voltaire would not choose to live in USA today methinks!!

    ReplyDelete