Thursday, January 3, 2019

Current Affairs

2 big news items that I care about but probably nobody else who reads this blog does.  The first, one of my company’s big competitors has just been bought out for $74 billion.  I suspect that means that they probably also considered buying us out as well, which would have made things very interesting.  This might be the first indication of some more pharma mega-mergers, so we shall see what happens this year.  Although the share price bump is good with rumors and speculation that we might get bought out or merge with somebody, the future of a small satellite office such as we have in Seattle is always a cause for concern if this were ever to happen.  The second bit of news, which even less people will care about, is that a different trading card company has acquired the rights to James Bond trading cards.  I don’t know what exactly this will mean for the quality of future sets, and my burgeoning collection, but apparently the first release under this company will be later this year.  I suspect I will still end up shelling out exorbitant amounts of money to further my collection, regardless of who owns the rights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment