Monday, December 31, 2018

Point Defiance Park

I wanted to do a hike I hadn't done before, so this morning I went to Point Defiance Park in Tacoma.  I've never had a reason to go to Tacoma before - Seattle's ugly neighbor to the South - but this might be it, since this was a good hike.  Lots of parking, dedicated hiking paths which are well maintained and well signposted, a decent length 4.5 mile undulating loop trail, nice paths through old growth forest and views over Puget Sound  (I think I might have seen a whale - if it wasn't a whale, it was a bunch of seals feeding on some fish).  And I didn't even do all the side trips I could have - historical sites, gardens, and beach access were all easily reached from the loop trail, and the park also has a zoo, an aquarium and museums.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment