Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Karaoke

It’s been several years since I’ve done karaoke, but when I’m on a YouTube music dive I find that I keep on coming back time and again to the same songs to belt out to myself.  Think tunes like: 

Cracker – Low
The Cars – Drive
Tears for Fears – Head over Heels
David Bowie – Space Oddity
The Cranberries – Zombie
The Kinks – Lola
Weezer – Say It Ain’t So
Radiohead – Creep
Soundgarden – Black Hole Sun
The Smiths – How Soon is Now?
Blondie – Rapture (TOUGH!)
Pet Shop Boys – West End Girls
Martha and the Muffins – Echo Beach
Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful
The Zombies - She's Not There

And that excludes some obvious crowd-pleasing choices, including some that I may or may not have covered years ago under alcohol-induced courage with an actual audience, like Livin’ on a Prayer, Bohemian Rhapsody, Losing My Religion, Hey Jude, Wonderwall, California Dreaming.  And, I hasten to add, my favorite karaoke songs do not overlap much with my actual favorite songs - there's a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment