Sunday, January 13, 2019

I Hate Sports

One of those weekends where it was just one disappointing result after another in whatever sports I happened to be watching.  Palace blew a halftime lead against Watford - just can't seem to get that gap opened up between us and the relegation battle.  I don't like being in the situation of having to hope teams I hate get a result against other relegation-threatened teams, makes me feel very conflicted, but such is life in the bottom half of the table.  And then the Chargers got blown out by the Patriots - not so much about by questionable support for the Chargers as my intense hatred for the Patriots.  And I really truly hate them at a level comparable to, or even more, than my hatred for Arsenal.  In fact all the divisional games were won by the home team/favorite - I don't think it's coincidence that they all had a bye the previous weekend, which makes a huge difference in American Football.  Time to fix the playoff season - the fact that the Chargers didn't have a bye and had to play in New England despite having a better regular season record than the Patriots is messed up.  Yes, I'm a sore loser. 

4 comments:

  1. Ed watched it - said we were leggy. Also said that Hennessey is back to his "nervous" state after losing his place to Guaita (who's looked good but is now injured for 4 weeks).

    I don't "like" the Patriots, but you've got to just sit back & admire Belichick & Brady. In an environment which is supposed to level the playing field (salary cap, draft system) there complete dominance of the AFC over the last 10 years+ is incredible.

    Brady's repeated decision to sacrify earnings so that the Pats can maintain investment elsewhere has received a fair bit of media coverage in the UK recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palace's progress this season is just like watching those you tube videos of people trying to extract themselves from thick mud.

    They struggle, they rise up, just as you think they've got out of it, no they get sucked back in.

    It'll be like that for the rest of the season methinks

    ReplyDelete