Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Historic Defeat

I thought the government shutdown here was ridiculous, but then I followed today’s events concerning Brexit intently.  My oh my, what an absolute shambles.  I’m going to assume that Theresa May will survive the vote of no confidence – although if she had an ounce of integrity she should have resigned immediately after that overwhelming rejection of the deal.  But what next?  Is there a different Brexit plan on the table?  I doubt it – which means the hard exit at the end of March.  Which would be a disaster.  I guess they could ask the EU for more time to negotiate a new deal – but then what the hell have they been negotiating about for the last 2 years?  Then you have the options of another referendum, or even a general election.  So much uncertainty – talk about digging a hole for yourself.  It’s times like this when Britain needs and is sorely lacking a strong leader – instead you have a weak leader, and an even weaker opposition leader.  Tragic. 

1 comment:

  1. Best thing that could of happened mate.

    A bad deal is worse than no deal.

    She can now go back to EU, look 'em in the eye & say "I gave your deal a fair go, now either better deal or do one !!"

    ReplyDelete