Saturday, August 29, 2026

Jet Lag

Jet lag hit me hard today.  It started with being unable to get any sleep last night.  I simply wasn't tired.  But then over the course of the day, I've just had no energy.  And it's affected everything from my meals (I haven't had anything to eat this evening), to not being able to get anything done (I've got a list of things I need to do this weekend that I've still got so much to get through), to not being able to concentrate on anything.  So much for my hope of watching some of the few shows that I recorded while I was away.  As I write this now, at about 10.30 pm, I am feeling really tired.  I suspect I will be able to fall asleep very quickly.  But it will probably be a deep but short sleep, and I'll be wide awake again very early in the morning - well before sunrise.  Less than ideal, and in my experience it could be like this for a while.