A few photos from the 2 mile walk I did around Clerkenwell. An area of London that is, according to my guidebook, rich in historical features. And although it was nice enough to get away from the crowds and wander around the quieter backstreets of London, this was one of the least photogenic walks I've done from this guidebook. I wouldn't have known the history if I hadn't read it in the book. And a lot of it was either destroyed during the Blitz or has been built upon beyond recognition. For example, there is a medieval well called the Clerk's Well (hence Clerkenwell) - but it is inside an office building and you can only see it by peering through an office window. Not sure I care for that. But perhaps this would have been a more pleasant walk if it hadn't been so hot and I hadn't overdone it - as proved subsequently as I am apparently suffering from both a heat rash on my arms and Disney rash (look it up) on my legs. Yikes.