Monday, August 17, 2026

British Food

Of the many things I miss most from the UK (though I have to admit that this list has somewhat shrunk over time as I've gradually become assimilated to the US), food is definitely up there.  Nothing beats a good fish n chips, a good curry, and a good Sunday roast.  And I've had all of them already on this trip.  Add to that the sweets (candy), the sandwiches (America doesn't really do good bread), the pastries (sweet and savory, that America doesn't do at all) and crisps (of which I have to take back loads to the US - though I've definitely noticed the decrease in size and contents of crisp bags).  Plus all the other little things that I cannot get, or at least cannot easily or cheaply get, in the US.  Thanks to my new suitcase, I've got a bit more room to take back more British food from this trip.  So now I need to decide how best to use that space...