I'm back in the US. Or should I say back home? Or is the UK my home and the US just my residence? Hmmm, that is one to ponder. Anyway, a bit of a nightmare journey back. Starting with an unexpected overweight fee on my luggage. I didn't think I brought back that much more than what I brought into the UK, after all it's not like crisps weigh a lot. So I really question whether the scales at the airport were calibrated correctly. And then we were stuck on the runway for an hour and a half before we could take off - thanks to some heavy rain near Heathrow. Basically the only time it rained in my entire 3 week stay. But I've made it back in one piece. Despite it probably being close to 24 hours that I've been awake now - between waking up early this morning (UK time), not sleeping on the flight, and the time difference meaning the sun still hasn't set on the Thursday evening here yet. The longer I can stay awake, the better chance I'll have of overcoming any jet lag. It normally hits me bad when I return to the US, but I'm feeling OK right now.