After a very pleasant few days in Manchester, it was time to journey back to the SE. My train set off on time from Manchester, but encountered some significant delays in the Midlands due to overhead power line issues, and arrived in London about 45 minutes late. Not a big deal. But I found myself once again struggling in the heat - the heat of a not very well cooled train, and the small but significant increase in temperature between Manchester and London. I was able to get home on time, despite the 45 minute delay, because I was able to navigate London Euston, the London Underground and Waterloo very quickly to get the train I needed back out to Surrey. But even rushing through it, I saw how busy Euston was. It looked like a nightmare. And apparently there were some serious disruptions today - and I was maybe very fortunate not to be as badly affected as apparently a lot of other people were by it. I'm glad I went to Durham when I did, because the London-Durham line was the one that was blocked today. Not a good sign when LNER - the operator of that line - advised passengers not to travel today. Yikes.