I composed this on my Notes app on my phone during the flight yesterday... it is a bit of a moan, so sorry about that.
Although I’m happy to be back in the UK, it was not a pleasant flight here. I’m utterly fed up with British Airways - when I checked in, I had no seat choice. A window seat in the corner of the back row of the premium economy section. A seat that I wasn’t able to change at the airport, despite asking both at the check-in desk and at the gate. And arguably one of the worst seats in the section (eg too close to the toilets). I blame BA for downgrading my membership tier, so I couldn’t select a seat a week before my flight and instead could only do so a day before. I notice also that I was never offered a drink before the plane took off. That was something that I’m sure we got in premium economy before. BA has gone seriously downhill. I think this might also be the last time traveling back to the UK in summer. I hate airports at this time of year. Too hot, too busy, too crowded. The terminal was a nightmare - and I was sweating through my clothes as I was walking around. I clearly didn’t use enough deodorant this morning. Very unpleasant. I was on a full flight, and I think this might be the first time I was never asked if I might be interested in paying x amount to upgrade. Perhaps even the business section was full? There are clearly way too many people with way too much disposable income in this part of America to be able to afford flying business class. Anyway, I have got to book flights back for Christmas soon. I will definitely be considering airlines other than BA for that trip.
I must have written this early on in the flight, because later on I actually noticed there was a free aisle seat in the premium economy section, which is all I asked for. Which takes the p*ss. And add to that a massive long wait for my checked bags after breezing through immigration. Yep, I feel like I might be done with BA (until I find out they have the cheapest priced flights...)