Saturday, August 22, 2026

No Film Review

Well, I hoped to tell you about how much I enjoyed (or didn't enjoy, though I suspect I will like it) watching The Odyssey on a big IMAX screen.  But alas, I never got to see it.  I did another London walk this morning and gave myself plenty of time to get to the Science Museum (over an hour).  What I hadn't accounted for was the fact that the Piccadilly line and District/Circle line all had engineering work going on that meant it was impossible to get to the museum by tube.  By the time I had realized this by trying to get there via several different, infrequent and crowded routes, it was too late to get there by any other means.  I can maybe blame myself for not checking for any underground engineering work this weekend in advance and planning accordingly (e.g. what bus or walking route to take).  It perhaps also explains why there were so many more available tickets for screenings this weekend than for any other days.  I thought about trying to see if I could get a standby ticket for a screening at the BFI, since it is right by Waterloo where I was catching a train back.  But nope, my enthusiasm for going to watch the film had evaporated by now.  I was sweaty and fed up and done with London for the day (and maybe also for this UK trip).  I'll watch it at home when it comes out on streaming.