Friday, May 20, 2022

Smells

It's that time of year when my house seems to emit some unpleasant odors.  Since coming back from the UK, it has been my utility room downstairs that has smelt a little bit.  No idea what the source of the smell is - it's certainly nothing obvious inside as I cleaned it thoroughly not long after getting back.  Something outside is likely, possibly the septic tank or something in a gutter.  But then yesterday I was greeted by a horrific musty smell coming from one of my bedroom closets when I opened it.  I think I am going to have to do some serious airing out of that closet over the weekend - it is bad, and right next to where I sleep.  Again, no idea what the source is - but this is not the first time this has happened.  I suspect some of the vast quantities of rain we've had recently has probably leaked into somewhere it shouldn't.  The joys of living in a relatively old house.       

No comments:

Post a Comment