Sunday, May 29, 2022

Motor Sports

Today was a big day in motor sports - the Indy 500, the Monaco Grand Prix, and the Coca-Cola 600 (the longest NASCAR race of the year) were all on today.  And in my opinion - they all sucked, and if I didn't already know then this confirmed that my love for motor sports is well and truly over.  But, going to watch a NASCAR race live is still on my bucket list - even despite the notoriously pro-Trump crowd that these races attract.  They don't hold any races in the Pacific NW - probably due to the weather - but it shouldn't be much trouble to travel somewhere to watch a race one year.  I have vague, but fond, memories of going to Silverstone with my grandpa when I was a youngster - but I don't think I've watched a race in person anywhere since.  And I don't think watching these races on telly do justice to how fast and how loud these cars go, so it's something I'd like to experience again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment