Friday, May 13, 2022

Oh boy

It's been a great week for sports - we're right in the midst of the NBA (basketball) playoffs and the NHL (ice hockey) playoffs.  Which means most nights there are multiple games on.  And with there being a lot of competitive games, it has been good stuff.  I tend to watch these sports a lot more during the playoffs than during the regular season.  And I will say there are few sporting spectacles as great as NHL playoff overtime - when one goal from either side will end the game, and the game will go on forever until someone scores.  And if it's also a game 7 (series tied 3-3, with the first to 4 the winner), then we are automatically in classic territory when it goes to overtime in the deciding game.  However, even with all these games on, I have been revisiting one of my favorite shows from my teenage years.  Indeed, I wasn't even a teenager when the first series came out (though I don't remember when it started airing in the UK).  Even now, I still enjoy watching the show - it has a comforting feel-good quality to it.  Disappointingly, but unsurprisingly, they are rebooting the show - the new series is set to air later in the year.  I don't have high hopes, I don't think they can recreate the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment