Thursday, May 12, 2022

Hoarding

I think I am prone to some hoarding tendencies - I tend to hold on to things much longer than I should.  So I need to take steps to quell this.  And it begun today - they held a free electronics recycling event at work, and I decided to make the most of this.  So I got rid of a load of old electronics that I have inexplicably kept around but will never use.  So, for example, I got rid of an old microwave, an old printer, an old home theater system, an old telephone, and an old modem.  Could I have sold these online and made a few bucks?  Probably, but I'm not sure the hassle would be worth it.  Instead, the only hassle I had to endure was loading up my car with this stuff (this is where I'm thankful to have a car where the back seats go fully down!), drive down to the place near the office where they were holding this event (I didn't even bother going into my office!), and unloading this stuff in the pouring rain.  Like a hoarder, did I find it tough to let go of these items?  Honestly, no.  That must be a good sign for my hoarding fears.      

2 comments:

  1. Mr Trebus in training, you are.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOa35VD9q94

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an addendum, the wiki link to the legend who was Edmund Trebus

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Trebus

    ReplyDelete