Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Apple Capital Recreation Loop Trail

I'm really sore today after yesterday's exertions.  With a friend, drove to Wenatchee - out in Central Washington, and the self-proclaimed "Apple Capital of the World" - and completed the 10 mile Apple Capital Recreation Loop Trail.  This is very much an urban trail - essentially following a paved trail that skirts the city center and crosses the Wenatchee River twice.  It's a nice trail, well maintained, with lots of wildlife despite being an urban waterfront (in particular, we saw lots of birds of prey as well as some gophers) and not too busy for a bank holiday.  But 10 miles is too long a walk - especially because we took a bit of a detour to get some food, it ended up being something closer to 12 miles (I think my phone said I did close to 28,000 steps!).  And I was broken by the end of it.  It may have been a reasonably flat trail, but I haven't done one this long for a while and it showed - really it's a trail much better suited to riding a bike.  I don't think the long drive to get there helped - it took nearly 3 hours to get there, and longer to get home because we hit some of the Memorial Day traffic.  No photos - this was really more about hanging out with a friend.  But I would consider coming back to do this trail when I'm in better shape - or if I ever decide to buy a bike.     

No comments:

Post a Comment