Saturday, April 9, 2022

Trepidation

A quick entry before I head to the airport.  It looks like I'll be leaving some bad weather behind - we just had a hailstorm, and now it's absolutely tipping down.  Let's hope none of this affects the flight departure time.  I should be excited about this trip, but I'm surprisingly anxious.  Perhaps it's because it's been such a long time since I last took a flight (pre-pandemic) and so I'm not entirely sure what to expect at the airport - stricter controls, longer queues, etc.  Perhaps it's because I'm not keen about wearing a mask almost continuously for the next 12+ hours.  Perhaps it's because I've overpacked my bags.  Perhaps it's because I've been spending so much time at home over the last few years that I am experiencing some separation anxiety.  Perhaps it's because I'm nervous about catching COVID when I'm back - though I won't cross that bridge until I ever get to it...    

No comments:

Post a Comment