Saturday, April 23, 2022

The Latics

Oh dear, I see that Oldham Athletic got relegated today.  But not just any relegation, this was a relegation out of the Football League.  Yikes.  A sad state of affairs for the team that I used to support, though that feels like a long time ago.  In fact, it was about 30 years ago - in those heady years of the early 90's when they played an attractive style of football, played a couple of seasons in the first years of the Premier League, reached FA Cup semifinals and had that plastic pitch that other teams hated to play on.  I have to confess I haven't followed their downward progress in more recent years, I didn't even know which league they were in.  From what I've been reading, it seems like a bit of a train wreck with a string of managers, financial crises and dodgy ownership.  So, fun times for the fans then.        

No comments:

Post a Comment