Monday, April 18, 2022

Palace 0-2 Chelsea

Now that I've had 24 hours to reflect on the game, it was a disappointing loss and a disappointing performance.  Still no FA Cup on our resume.  But it was good to briefly catch up and watch the game with my cousins, and fellow Palace fans, in a local pub.  It's been a long time since I've watched any games in a communal setting.  That is mainly because of the time difference and because of where I live - I'd have to drive somewhere, which means no drinking.  But this does make me want to watch more games with fellow fans - the England vs USA World Cup match later this year immediately springs to mind (even if I'm the only England fan in a sea of Yanks).  But more than that, I think I'd like to see a match at Selhurst Park at one of my future visits back here.  Failing that, a match at The Stoop would also scratch that itch.  It's been a while since I've seen any live sports in person, and I kind of miss it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment