Friday, April 29, 2022

Notes to Self

The next time I travel back to the UK, a couple of things I need to remember:

- Try to get an aisle seat rather than a window seat.  For a long flight such as this, and a small bladder like I have, then there are few worse feelings than being trapped in the window seat needing to go when the person next to you is fast asleep and there isn't enough room for me to get past.

-  Do not plan to buy the sweets you want at Heathrow, get them before you go to the airport.  WHSmith's selection at the airport is pitiable (and expensive).  For example, I know that in the past that they have stocked Fruit Gums, and I was banking on getting some at the airport as this is my snack of choice for road trips, but did they have any?  Did they heck.

2 comments:

  1. Ref: Rowntrees (Nestle) Fruit Gums.

    There's a new fangedly invention called "The Internet'

    You can buy said confectionary from the UK & have it delivered to Snohomish (for a price admittedly, but bulk buy to disappate the unit carriage cost).

    ReplyDelete