Tuesday, March 15, 2022

To Mask or Not To Mask

Washington state's indoor mask mandate ended over the weekend.  So it's been a very weird experience going to a couple of grocery stores over the weekend, and then into the office today.  I would say that despite the mask mandate ending, about half the people are still wearing a mask.  It makes you feel you are being judged for either wearing or not wearing a mask.  After all, it has become so politicized.  My attitude is one that if there is a sign on the front of the establishment asking that you wear a mask - as was the case at the first grocery store I went to - then I will honor that and wear a mask (not everyone did).  But if there is no sign, then I won't (even if it means you are being judged by other people behind their masks).  I think we're in that intermediate state where not wearing a mask in a store or in the office feels very unnatural, because you've got so used to doing it over the last few years.  It will take a little bit of time to adjust.    

No comments:

Post a Comment