Thursday, March 17, 2022

e-Bond

I can't say I'm thrilled with the news today that Amazon now owns the James Bond franchise.  I don't know what that means going forward - especially as they haven't announced who the next Bond is going to be yet.  At least they don't own creative control - that's still in the hands of Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson.  I fear Amazon might try to copy the MCU model and try to produce lots of Bond TV shows and spinoffs.  Which would be a tragedy - so let's hope not.  And as long as they still release Bond films at the cinema, rather than direct to Prime Video.  In the meantime, I will continue to spend way too much money on overpriced James Bond merchandise (the latest thing I'm into, Corgi model cars from the franchise).       

1 comment:

  1. May I politely advise that instead of buying loads of overpriced tat, you invest in Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete