Saturday, March 12, 2022

F9

I watched F9 today - the 9th installment in the Fast & Furious franchise.  And it sucked.  A generous 2 out of 5 stars - and that's solely because it was about as good as I expected it to be.  Terrible storyline, terrible characters and really terrible acting.  But you don't watch any of these films for those things - you watch them for the action and the set pieces.  In the past, these have tended to be ridiculous but entertaining.  In F9, they were just ridiculous.  It's unbelievable to me that I think I've seen all the Fast & Furious films.  But for each one I am one and done - I have absolutely no intention of ever rewatching any of them, they're just not that good.  But as brainless spectacles they can serve a purpose if you don't feel like watching anything too taxing, and such was my mood today.  But even by Fast & Furious standards, this one was a disappointing letdown.           

No comments:

Post a Comment