Sunday, March 13, 2022

Streaming

There are way too many streaming services, and it is ridiculous to expect me to subscribe to all of them.  Not to say expensive.  But what is particularly frustrating is that the best shows are spread out across all the different services - so I will always feel like I'm missing out on something.  I could try to watch as much as I can during the free trials that these services offer when you first subscribe to them and then unsubscribe before paying anything, but it just takes up too much time.  Just in the US, we have Netflix (which I don't have - so I've never watched The Crown or Squid Game), Amazon Prime Video (which I do have, but have only dabbled in - I'd like to start watching The Boys), Disney+ (which I don't have - so I've never watched any of the Star Wars or Marvel series), Peacock (which I do have - I mainly watch rugby and football through this), HBO Max (which I do have, but tend to watch and record things from the HBO channel rather than stream anything), Hulu (which I don't have - so I've never watched The Handmaids Tale), Apple TV+ (which I don't have - so I've never watched Ted Lasso), ESPN+ (which I don't have - so I miss out on the FA Cup and Championship games on this, which is really not a big deal unless Palace make it to the FA Cup final), Paramount+ (which I don't have - so I've never watched any of the recent Star Trek series), Acorn TV and BritBox (neither of which I have - and which have a load of British shows) plus a bunch of others (some that spring to mind include Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, AMC+, Sundance Now, ...).  Too many.  I hate the rise of streaming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment