Friday, December 10, 2021

Vacation

I was supposed to be on a flight to Heathrow right now.  Instead, I'm working late for the second evening in a row.  I wasn't even supposed to be working today.  And despite being on vacation from next week, I suspect I might still be contacted and pulled in to help out more before Christmas.  The study I'm working on has just been unblinded, so all our team is busy producing and validating the datasets and outputs for the final deliverable.  Having these timelines right before Christmas is kind of stupid, but that's just how things have worked out.  And there are loads of issues to sort out and questions to answer on the data from this study, which is not helping.  The study is kind of messy - mainly due to COVID affecting the ability of subjects in the clinical trial not being able to come in to be tested when they are supposed to.  This point in any study is always kind of hectic and pressurized for someone in my role, so my vacation on some level is very poorly timed but on another level is very much needed as I am feeling very stressed out.    

No comments:

Post a Comment