Monday, December 13, 2021

Succession

A word about Succession, which concluded it's 3rd season yesterday evening.  And yesterday's episode was an absolute doozy - one of the best episodes of any TV show I've seen over the last few years.  The comparisons with the Red Wedding episode of Game of Thrones is apt - changing allegiances, betrayal, twists, a shocking outcome.  This was classic prestige TV.  Overall, I don't think this 3rd season of Succession was quite as good as the 2nd season, but it is still far and away the best show currently airing and absolute must-see TV.  In the age of streaming, I'm glad that there is still a show that generates so much positive internet buzz after each episode has aired.  And this is, undoubtedly, a surefire top 10 contender on my list of favorite ever TV shows.  I own box sets of The Wire, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Lost - I would happily add Succession to this list, though hopefully not for a while as I hope there will be many more seasons to come.          

No comments:

Post a Comment