Saturday, December 18, 2021

Crows

It's been a while, but a murder of crows accumulated outside my home yesterday.  There were about 50 of them circling round, making an absolute racket.  I couldn't work out what was going on, until I looked closer.  And then I realized what I was seeing - it wasn't 50 crows, it was 49 crows and a bald eagle.  And the crows were attacking and chasing the eagle away.  And this is why I hate crows.  The bald eagle is a magnificent creature - and I would love nothing more than to see one perched in a tree outside my home.  But no, that will never happen while there are crows around to bully the eagles away.  But this makes me want to go to the Skagit Eagle Festival, a few hours drive north of me - I believe January is peak time to see the eagles.  However the winter weather so far this year is hardly conducive to making the long trip up there.  But it would be nice to see some eagles in their natural environment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment