Thursday, December 30, 2021

More Snow

We got another 3 inches of snow last night and today.  I have absolutely no idea when is the best time to try clearing my driveway.  I cleared some of the initial snow that we got on Boxing Day, but since it has never got above freezing then all that did was turn my driveway into an icy and slippery mess.  And now there's more snow on top of this hardened layer of ice.  I don't think this is good.  We don't get above freezing until about Saturday afternoon, so I don't think I will try clearing my driveway again until then or Sunday.  So that will be over a week that I'm unable to take my car out anywhere.  Good job I stocked up on food before Christmas!  And to think that today was the day I was supposed to have flown back to Seattle (if the flight wasn't canceled!).  I have absolutely no idea what I would have done - I wouldn't have been able to drive all the way home from the airport, but I think the main roads are probably still drivable so I could have made it back part of the way.  If this extreme weather is the new norm, then it's making me question (a) whether I should move somewhere less isolating, and (b) whether my next car should have 4-wheel drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment