Wednesday, December 8, 2021

COVID Test Results

I ordered a COVID testing kit a while back, with the intention of using it before flying back to the UK.  Well I'm not flying back to the UK now, but I decided to test myself anyway - simply because this is, shockingly, the first time I've ever tested myself.  As with everything else COVID-related in the US, nothing is straightforward - this is a PCR test so it has to be sent to a lab, and I only got it free because I ordered it through work (I think I'm allowed one free testing kit per week).  No free testing kits for everyone here - like you get through the NHS - though I think Biden has said that might change soon.  Anyway, I got my results today - and I tested negative, which is good.  I haven't been feeling great recently, so I was a little bit worried.  I did get a shock when I logged onto my account and saw a green check mark next to the test - but this was just confirmation of the test rather than the test results.  Talk about bad web page design.  Obviously happy that I don't have COVID, but secretly I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't test positive because then I would've felt so much better about postponing my UK visit.     

No comments:

Post a Comment